- Born Somerville, Tennessee, June 22, 1972; 1 child.
- Graduate Bay View High School, 1990; B.S. in Criminal Justice, Tennessee State University, 1997; attended University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1990—92.
- Full-time legislator. Former family child care provider/owner, 2002—12; insurance agent, 2000—02; financial employment planner, 1997—2000.
- Member: AFSCME Wisconsin Child Care Providers Together Local 502 (former president); AFSCME District Council 48 (former vice president); African American Chamber of Commerce; Emerge Wisconsin, Class of 2012; CBTU-Coalition of Black Trade Unionists; Milwaukee Democratic Legislative Caucus (former chair), Wisconsin Women in Government (former board member).
- Elected to Assembly 2012 and 2014. Elected to Senate 2016.
Member of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Council and Wisconsin Center District Board