- Born Madison, Wisconsin, March 10, 1971; married; 3 children.
- Graduate La Follette High School (Madison), 1989; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 1993; M.A. Edgewood College, 1996.
- Full-time legislator.
- Member: Dane County Democratic Party; Friends of Pheasant Branch; Clean Wisconsin; Middleton Action Team; VFW Auxiliary Council; Girl Scouts troop leader.
- Former member: Parent Teacher Organization (president); Boy Scouts of America (cubmaster); Monona Terrace Convention and Community Center Board; Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District Board, 2005—08; Dane County Board, 2008—14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012. Leadership positions: Assistant Minority Leader 2019, 2017.