- Born Duluth, Minnesota, April 15, 1974; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Superior Senior High School, 1992; B.S. University of Wisconsin–Superior, 1998; attended University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, 1999–2000.
- Full-time legislator. Former fisheries biologist. Served in US Navy, 1992–94, US Naval Reserve, 1994–2000; deployed to Persian Gulf during Operation Southern Watch.
- Member: Executive Board of the Great Lakes Caucus of the Council of State Governments; Wisconsin Chapter of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (cochair); National Conference of Environmental Legislators; Douglas County Democratic Party (former secretary).
- Former member: Lake Superior Binational Forum; St. Louis River Watershed TMDL Partnership (board of directors); American Fisheries Society; Duluth-Superior Metropolitan Interstate Council (policy board member); Head of the Lakes Fair (board of directors).
- Superior City Council, 2005–09.
- Elected to Assembly since 2008.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Wisconsin Council on Forestry; Wisconsin Sporting Heritage Council.