- Born Rochester, Minnesota, January 19, 1962; 2 children.
- Graduate Stewartville High School, 1980; B.A. Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1989. Council of State Governments: BILLD Fellow, 2012, Toll Fellow, 2014.
- Full-time legislator. Former teacher of English and Citizenship to Hmong adults.
- Member: Wisconsin Legislative Children’s Caucus (cochair); Wisconsin Family Impact Seminar Advisors Committee; Viterbo University Board of Advisors; University of Wisconsin–La Crosse Chancellor’s Community Council; La Crosse County League of Women Voters; La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce; La Crosse Health Families Advisory Committee; Preservation Alliance of La Crosse.
- La Crosse County Board, 2004–12.
- Elected to the Assembly in November 2011 special election. Reelected since 2012.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board; State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse; Governor’s Task Force on Opioid Abuse; Legislative Council Study Committee on Reducing Recidivism and Removing Impediments to Ex-Offender Employment; Mississippi River Parkway Commission.
Member of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Council on, Building Commission, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, Historical Society of Wisconsin, Board of Curators, Mississippi River Parkway Commission and Tourism, Council on