- Born Akron, Ohio, July 28, 1961; married; 5 children (1 son-in-law), 4 grandchildren.
- Graduate Marietta High School (Marietta, Ohio), 1979; A.A.S. in Criminal Justice, MTCC (Omaha, Nebraska), 1985.
- Vice president, safety and claims management for a transportation company in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Served in U.S. Air Force, 1979—85, SAC “Elite” guard.
- Member: Trucking Industry Defense Association (board president 2015—17; executive committee 2013—18); Wisconsin Farm Bureau; Marshfield Elks Club.
- City of Marshfield alderman, 2005—13.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.