- Born Ashland, Wisconsin, May 29, 1959; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Bayfield High School, 1977; B.S. Northland College (Ashland, Wisconsin), 1989.
- Full-time legislator. Former executive director, CORE Community Resources. Former board member Apostle Islands Area Community Fund.
- Bayfield County Board of Supervisors, 2010–2015 (Executive Committee; Personnel Committee; Library Board chair; County Tribal Relations Committee vice chair; Northern WI Community Action Program Committee vice chair; Health Department Committee chair).
- Elected to Assembly since 2014. Leadership positions: minority caucus secretary 2017, 2015.