- Born Dodgeville, Wisconsin, April 23, 1965; 2 children.
- Graduate Iowa-Grant High School, 1983; attended Southwest Technical College, 1983–85.
- Former government/associate newspaper editor, 1990–2014.
- Member: Wisconsin League of Municipalities; NRA; Wisconsin Farm Bureau.
- Former member: Iowa County Humane Society (founding member, treasurer); Wisconsin Newspaper Association; National Newspaper Association.
- Recipient: Gathering Waters Policymaker of the Year; WISCAP William Steiger Human Services Award; MMAC Champion of Commerce; WMC Working for Wisconsin Award; WNA Legislative Service Award; WCA Outstanding Legislator Award; WPHCA Friend of Community Health Centers; WAFP Friend of Family Medicine Award; LWM Municipal Champion Award.
- Southwest Regional Planning Commission, 2012–present. Mayor of Dodgeville, 2012–present.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.