- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, March 16, 1952; married; 3 children, 3 grandchildren.
- Graduate Nathan Hale High School, West Allis, Wisconsin, 1970; attended University of Wisconsin–Waukesha; B.A. in Elementary Education, University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point, 1974.
- Co-owner of farm equipment business. Former first grade teacher.
- Member: Markesan Chamber of Commerce (former treasurer); Waupun Chamber of Commerce; Green Lake County Farm Bureau; Waupun Memorial Hospital (board of directors, former chair); Agnesian HealthCare Enterprises LLC management committee (former secretary); volunteer, Markesan District Schools; Markesan PTA (former president); Markesan AFS Chapter (hosting coordinator, president, former host family, liaison).
- Former member: FEMA V Regional Advisory Council.
- Markesan City Council, 1987–91; mayor of Markesan, 1991–97.
- Legislature: Elected to Assembly since 2004. Leadership positions: Majority Caucus Chair 2013, 2011.