- Born Neenah, Wisconsin, November 24, 1982; married.
- Graduate Edgewood High School (Madison), 2001; B.A. in Political Science, St. John’s University (Minnesota), 2005; J.D. Marquette University Law School, 2009.
- Attorney. Former state public defender.
- Member: St. Michael’s/St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church; American Federation of Teachers Local 4822; ACLU; NAACP; State Bar of Wisconsin; Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (former board member); Historic Concordia Neighborhood Association; Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America; Progressive Community Health Center (board member); Milwaukee Democratic Delegation (former chair).
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority Board; Evidence-Based Decision Making Subcommittee of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council.
Member of Juvenile Corrections Study Committee