- Born Eau Claire, Wisconsin, April 29, 1956; 3 children, 6 grandchildren.
- Graduate Chippewa Falls Senior High School, 1974; B.A. University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1998; Certificate in Public Management Essentials, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2005.
- Member: Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, and Marshfield Chambers of Commerce; Lake Hallie Optimists Club; National Foundation for Women Legislators (State Director); American Legislative Exchange Council; Assembly of State Legislatures; National Conference of State Legislatures, Elections and Redistricting Committee; Wisconsin County Clerks Association (lifetime member).
- Former member: Wisconsin Women in Government; Wisconsin County Constitutional Officers; Chippewa County Humane Association; Kiwanis Noon Club.
- Chippewa County clerk, 1999—2011; Village of Lake Hallie trustee, 2007—11 and 2015—16.
- Elected to Assembly 2010—2016. Elected to Senate 2018.
Member of Women's Council