- Born Cedarburg, Wisconsin, September 1, 1959; married; 8 children.
- Graduate Cedarburg High School, 1978; B.B.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1984; M.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1987.
- Real estate.
- Member: Ozaukee Board of Realtors; Cedarburg Chamber of Commerce; Greater Cedarburg Foundation (former president); Concordia University President’s Council; Farm Bureau; ABATE of Wisconsin; West Bend Chamber of Commerce; Saukville Chamber of Commerce; Major, Wisconsin Wing, Civil Air Patrol Legislative Squadron (official Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force).
- Former member: City of Cedarburg Downtown Ad Hoc Committee; Ozaukee Bank and Cornerstone Bank (board of directors).
- Town of Cedarburg Parks Commission, 2001–04; Town of Cedarburg Planning Commission, 2003–05; Cedarburg School Board, 2007–12.
- Elected to Assembly in May 2011 special election. Reelected 2012. Elected to Senate in April 2015 special election. Reelected 2016.