- Born Zeeland, Michigan, February 19, 1972; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Holland Christian (Holland, Michigan), 1990. B.S. in Accountancy, Calvin College (Grand Rapids, Michigan), 1994.
- Business owner. Certified public accountant.
- Member: Assembly of State Legislatures (copresident); NFIB; Elmbrook Church Financial Counseling (director).
- Former member: WSCA School Board (vice chair, treasurer, secretary); WICPA; MMAC; Institute of Management Accountants (board member).
- Elected to Assembly 2010–12. Elected to Senate in July 2015 special election.