- Born New Holstein, Wisconsin; married; 2 children.
- Graduate New Holstein High School, 1986; Diploma in Printing, Fox Valley Technical College, 1988.
- Print and bindery coordinator.
- Member: Knights of Columbus; Elks Club; Major, Wisconsin Wing, Civil Air Patrol Legislative Squadron (official Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force); Fond du Lac County Republican Party (former chair); 6th District Republican Party (former chair).
- Former member: Jaycees Fond du Lac County (past president); Fond du Lac Advisory Parks Board.
- Elected to Senate 2016.