- Born Sheboygan, Wisconsin, April 23, 1958; married; 3 children, 6 grandchildren.
- Graduate Sheboygan County Christian High School, 1976; B.A. in Business Administration, Dordt College (Sioux Center, Iowa), 1980; M.B.A. Marquette University, 1985.
- Full-time legislator. Former community bank president and CEO.
- Member: Oostburg State Bank Board of Directors (former president and CEO); Oostburg Chamber of Commerce (former president-elect); Oostburg Christian Reformed Church (elder); Random Lake Area Chamber of Commerce; Republican Party of Sheboygan County; NRA; Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce; YMCA of Sheboygan County Board of Managers.
- Former member: Trinity Christian College Board of Trustees (Palos Heights, Illinois-treasurer); Dordt College Board of Trustees (vice chair); Sheboygan County Christian High School (board president); Oostburg Christian School Board (secretary); Oostburg Community Education Foundation; Oostburg Kiwanis Club (president); Workbound, Inc. (president).
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.