- Biography: Born Burlington, Wisconsin, July 5, 1968.
- Graduate Burlington High School, 1986; University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 1991.
- Owner of several small businesses. Former congressional district director; former legislative assistant.
- Member: President-Elect of the National Conference of State Legislatures and the Vice Chair of the State Legislative Leaders Foundation. Rotary Club (past president); Racine/Kenosha Farm Bureau; Knights of Columbus; Racine County Republican Party; Racine Area Manufacturers and Commerce; Union Grove Chamber of Commerce; Burlington Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Wisconsin Board of Regents, 1989–91. Racine County Board, 1994–2004 (former chair of Finance and Personnel committees).
- Elected to Assembly since 2004. Leadership positions: Speaker of the Assembly 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013; co-chair of the Joint Committee on Finance 2011.