2015 WISCONSIN ACT 362
An Act to amend 346.505 (2) (a); and to create 346.505 (4) of the statutes;
relating to: parking spaces reserved for persons with physical disabilities.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
346.505 (2) (a) of the statutes is amended to read:
346.505 (2) (a) Except for a motor vehicle used by a physically disabled person as defined under s. 346.503 (1) and except as provided in sub. (4) (a), no person may park, stop or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended and whether temporarily or otherwise, upon any portion of a street, highway or parking facility reserved, by official traffic signs indicating the restriction, for vehicles displaying special registration plates issued under s. 341.14 (1), (1a), (1e), (1m), or (1q) or a special identification card issued under s. 343.51 or vehicles registered in another jurisdiction and displaying a registration plate, card or emblem issued by the other jurisdiction which designates the vehicle as a vehicle used by a physically disabled person.
346.505 (4) of the statutes is created to read:
346.505 (4) (a) A taxicab operator may stop the taxicab on that portion of a street, highway, or parking facility reserved, as described in sub. (2) (a), for vehicles used by persons with physical disabilities if all of the following apply:
1. The taxicab is stopped to load a passenger who has been issued a special identification card under s. 343.51.
2. At the time the passenger under subd. 1. arranged for transportation by taxicab, the passenger notified the taxicab service of the identification number appearing on the passenger's special identification card.
3. At the time the passenger under subd. 1. is loaded into the taxicab, the passenger presents to the taxicab operator the passenger's special identification card.
4. At the time the taxicab operator stops to load the passenger under subd. 1., there is no suitable, available loading zone for loading the passenger.
(b) Along with the special identification card presented under par. (a) 3., at the time the passenger under par. (a) 1. is loaded into the taxicab, the passenger shall present to the taxicab operator a letter from the department issued with the passenger's special identification card.
(1) This act first applies to vehicles operated on the effective date of this subsection.